About Weather and Clothing
- Q:How does the weather change by season?
- A:Compared to Japan's main island of Honshu, the Shiretoko area is cool and has less rainfall. The Shiretoko Peninsula consists of high mountain chains extending into the ocean, creating unique, localized climates.
About Staying at Kitakobushi Shiretoko Hotel & Resort
- Q:When are check in and check out times?
- A:Generally, check in is 15:00 and check out is 11:00. If you arrive before check in time, we help store your luggage at the front desk.
- Q:Can I use credit cards?
- A:Yes, we accept Visa, JCB, MasterCard, Amex, UFJ Nicos, UnionPay, and other major cards. Please enquire regarding other types of cards.
However, card payment is not available for certain products and services.
- Q:Is parking available?
- A:We have free parking spaces for 120 vehicles. When you arrive by car, our staff will show you where to park.
- Q:Are there cancellation charges?
- A:Depending on the timing of the cancellation, penalties may apply.
→ Click here for the cancellation policy page
About the Hot Spring Bath (Onsen)
- Q:What are the bath hall hours?
- A:The bath hall is available from 15:00 to 24:00, from 5:00 to 10:00 the following morning.
- Q:Can day visitors use the baths?
- A:I'm sorry. We have finished accepting day-trip bathing at the hotel on March 27, 2023.
About Amenities and Facilities
- Q:Do you have non-smoking rooms?
- A:From April 1st 2016, all rooms are non-smoking. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We ask guests who wish to smoke to please use the designated indoor smoking areas located in the Main Wing 1st floor.
If it is determined that a guest has smoked outside of the designated smoking areas, we will bill a cleaning and deodorizing fee of ¥50,000.
- Q:Do the rooms have baths and toilets?
- A:All rooms are equipped with shower booths (including unit baths) and toilets.Bathtubs vary by room type.
- Q:Is there a coin laundry?
- A:Yes, there are six coin-operated laundry machines on the 1st floor of the New Wing. The cost for a large laundry machine (7.0 kg) is 500 yen.
The laundry machines automatically add detergent to each load. Drying machines cost 200 yen per 50 minutes. We do not offer a full laundry service.
- Q:Do you have internet access?
- A:All guest rooms have wi-fi internet access. Access is also available in the 1st floor lobby and lounge, or the 2nd floor conference room. (Wireless signal conditions will vary from place to place.)
- Q:When does dinner time begin?
- A:Dinner service normally opens at 18:00. Last seating is 20:00, and we close at 21:00. However, changes to these times may occur during events or due to other circumstances.
- What about food allergies and restrictions?
- A:For the LIFE TABLE
We will provide a list of the menu items and their ingredients. We ask customers to decide whether to eat it or not.
About Sightseeing & Transportation
- Q:Where is the nearest airport?
- A:The nearest airport is "Memanbetsu Airport" located in the town of Ozora. It is about two hours by car. "Nakashibetsu Airport" located in the town of Nakashibetsu is also about the same distance. Transport options such as train and bus are more convenient from "Memanbetsu Airport".
- Q:Do you have shuttles to and from Utoro Onsen Bus Terminal?
- A:Yes, after arriving at the bus terminal, if you can contact us, we will pick you up.
- Q:Are there any convenience stores nearby?
- A:Yes, there are convenience stores nearby. Seicomart is about two minutes on foot, or 7-Eleven is about three minutes on foot.